Your privacy is critically important to us, and we have a few fundamental principles we abide by:
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, operate our products, or protect our rights.
- We don't store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of one of our services.
Our services are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) EU Regulation.
Regarding the Services: WebCatalog Ltd ("WebCatalog", "we", "us" or "our") is the Data Controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
2. Data We Collect, Process and Use
2.1 In general, you may provide certain personal information such as e.g. your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, financial information (all such information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable individual data subject together "Personal Data") when you sign up for a WebCatalog account and use the Service.
2.1.1 Regarding the Website: your browser transfers certain data so that it can access the Website, namely:
- the IP address
- the date and time of the request
- the browser type
- the operating system
- the language and version of the browser software.
2.1.2 Regarding the App,
- certain data is transmitted by the App when checking for app updates or retrieving additional data and packages: namely your IP address, date and time of the request, the operating system, the version of the App in order to give us the possibility to continuously improve the App.
Additionally, with your consent, we may also collect:
- certain metrics are transmitted by the App to our analytics system to help us prioritize our work and evaluate whether we are successful in solving real users' problems after we have released something.
- crash and error reports are transmitted by the App to our bug report system to help us improve the product and provide you with a better experience over time.
2.1.3 Regarding the checkout: if you purchase the App directly through us, we may store your personal information, namely email addresses, names and addresses for licensing management and troubleshooting purposes whenever you communicate with our support team. If you purchase the App through other stores, including but not limited to App Store, Microsoft Store, Snap Store, your personal information is not shared with us and is subjected to the privacy policies of these stores.
2.1.4 Regarding the email: we save a record of communication including attachments and information you voluntary decide to share with us for troubleshooting purposes whenever you communicate with our support team.
2.1.5 Email messages sent by us via third-party services like Mailchimp may contain tracking pixel which helps us collect statistics on delivery and opening rates of our correspondence. These pixels do not provide us with any additional personal data about you or your behavior online. You can disable image rendering in your email client which will deactivate this feature, however you will be unable to see any images within other received emails.
The legal basis for the processing of the data described above in section 2.1.1 through 2.1.5 (to the extent such data is to be considered Personal Data) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; regarding section 2.1.1 the legitimate interests to Use such data arises from the fact that without such data the Website cannot be accessed by our customers and/or other users; regarding section 2.1.2 the legitimate interests to Use such data is that we have an interest to continuously improve the App; regarding section 2.1.3 the legitimate reason is that we need the information to provide you with the App's licenses; regarding section 2.1.4 the legitimate reason is that we need the information to provide you with the support you requested).
2.2 Only in cases in which you have given us prior consent we also use your Personal Data for other purposes but only to the extent needed in each specific case. The legal basis for the processing of the data described in this section 2.2 is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR (consent).
2.3 We may disclose Personal Data to third parties where such disclosure is required by law (for example, upon request of a court or of law enforcement authorities). The legal basis for the processing of the data described in this section 2.3 is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR (legal obligation).
2.4 We may also Use certain data as set forth in section 3 below.
3. Cookies Policy
You can disable cookies anytime in your web browser. Here is how it works in Google Chrome and Safari browsers:
- Go to the Settings in the Chrome menu (Chrome toolbar).
- Scroll down the page and click Advanced.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings.
- Click "Cookies" and change anything desired.
- Go to Preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Choose to Block all cookies.
For other browsers, please check the documentation your provider provides.
WebCatalog's cookies don't collect information that personally identify you. Also, other sites or companies won't be able to track you through our cookies.
When you disable cookies, our website can no longer provide you with the best user experience and you miss the opportunity to get more personalized information, such as displaying information in your language or displaying prices in your currency.
COOKIES: USE OF (FURTHER ANALYZING) TOOLS
Cookies are stored on your computer when using the Website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk of the computer with which you visit a website and which are allocated to your browser and through which certain information is submitted to the cookies user that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies serve to make the website offering more user-friendly and effective overall.
- Transient / Session cookies
- Persistent / Setting cookies
- Analysis cookies
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, which identify user session in the browser. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Persistent cookies help the Website remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future. They are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie.
3.2 The Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help analyze how you use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will normally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Because IP-anonymization is activated on the Website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of member states of the European Union or within other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of WebCatalog for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services for WebCatalog relating to website activity and internet usage.
The IP address that your browser transfers within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, you can click this link in order to opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this Website in the future (this opt-out option applies only for the browser in which you set it and with regard to the Website). In this case an opt-out cookie is put on your device. In case you delete your cookies, you will have to use the aforementioned link again.
3.3 If you decide to deactivate (some of) the cookies and tools described above, please note that certain features and functionalities of the Services might not work or might not be accessible to you.
3.4 The legal basis for the processing of the data described in this section 3 (to the extent such data is to be considered Personal Data) is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests; the legitimate interests to Use such data is that we use and analyze the respective data to improve our Services, such as by gaining a better understanding of your interests and requirements regarding our Services and to help personalize your user experience).
4. Third Party Service Providers
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide our Services on our behalf, to assist us in analyzing how our Services is used. These third-parties have already confirmed their commitment to GDPR compliance and have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. These services include:
- Amazon Web Services - cloud computing services (USA)
- Amplitude - product intelligence platform (USA)
- BunnyCDN - content delivery platform (Slovenia)
- castLabs - WidevineDRM implementation (Germany)
- Cloudflare - DNS, CDN and domain management (USA)
- Crowdin - localization management (Estonia)
- Elastic - search engine (Netherlands / USA)
- FreeAgent - accounting software (UK)
- GitHub - software distribution, engineering tools (USA)
- GlobalSign - code signing certificates (USA)
- Google - cloud computing services, email, productivity, collaboration and analytics tools (USA)
- Help Scout - customer service tools (USA)
- Linear - issue tracking tool (USA)
- Mailchimp - newsletter management (USA)
- Microsoft - cloud computing services, productivity tools (USA)
- Netlify - cloud computing services (USA)
- Notion - knowledge base (USA)
- OCR.Space - OCR service (Germany)
- Paddle - billing platform (UK)
- Postmark - transactional email service (USA)
- SendGrid - bulk emails (USA)
- Sentry - error monitoring (USA)
- Slack - communication software (USA)
- Tapfiliate - affiliate tracking software (Netherlands)
- UptimeRobot - uptime monitoring service (Slovakia)
- Wise - financial services (UK)
The legal basis for the data processing described in this section 4 is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR (performance of contract and pre-contractual measures) and Art. 28 GDPR (order processing).
5. Duration of Storage of Personal Data
6. Your Rights
You have the right to request information from us at any time about your Personal Data stored by us. If the legal requirements are met, you also have rights vis-à-vis us to request from us access to and rectification or erasure or restriction of processing concerning your Personal Data or to object the processing of your Personal Data as well as the right to receive your Personal Data provided to us in a structured, established and machine-readable format from us (you can transfer this data to other parties or have it transferred; data portability).
If you have given your consent to the use of personal data, you can revoke such consent at any time (for the future).
If you believe that the processing of your Personal Data by us is in breach of the applicable data protection laws, you can issue a complaint with the competent supervisory authority for data protection.
7. Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
We have taken extensive technical and operational precautions to protect the Personal Data retained by us against unauthorized access and misuse. Our security procedures are revised regularly and adapted to reflect technological progress.
8. California Residents Notice
In relation to paragraph (5), s.1798.130 of California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA):
- following subparagraph (A) the list of consumer rights can be found in section 6 above;
- following subparagraph (B) personal information categories that We collect or have collected about consumers in the preceding 12 months can be found in section 2 and 3 above;
- subparagraph (C) does not apply to our practices as We neither sell nor have in the past 12 months sold your personal information as described in subdivision (t) of s.1798.140 CCPA.
9. Changes to This Policy
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU