How to Install Safari Books Online on Your PC
- Download WebCatalog installation file.
- If prompted, click Run or Save.
- If you chose Save, double-click the download to start installing.
- Start WebCatalog from your desktop.
- Type Safari Books Online in the search box to look for the app.
- Locate Safari Books Online in the search results.
- Click Install.
- Click Open to start Safari Books Online.
Safari Books Online LLC is a digital library founded in July 2000 and headquartered in Sebastopol, California, with offices in Boston and Scottsdale. Safari characterizes itself as a "platform for technology and business learning". Safari Books Online originated in 2001 as a joint venture between O'Reilly Media and the Pearson Technology Group. In 2014 O'Reilly Media acquired Pearson's stake, making Safari Books Online a wholly owned subsidiary of O'Reilly Media. Safari's main product is a subscription-based, digital library that includes books, videos, short-form content ("Short Cuts"), and evolving manuscripts ("Rough Cuts") from O'Reilly Media and from other publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Springer Nature, Peachpit, John Wiley & Sons, Microsoft Press, Adobe Press, Cisco Press, Manning Publications, Packt, SAS Publishing, IBM Press, FT Press and Focal Press. Safari has a variety of subscription plans for individuals and institutions. Professional Societies like the ACM provide access as part of their membership benefits and offer discounts for full subscriptions. Safari purchased PubFactory's Electronic Platform, an electronic publishing platform, from RDW Group in 2012. Wikipedia